- 12/12/15: COP21: What’s happened so far? (REDD Monitor)
- 12/12/15: COP21 Paris snapshot #2: No REDD!
- 11/18/15: Double-counting: What if both Brazil and California want Acre’s REDD credits?
- 11/18/15: La REDD+ et sa finance carbone ne résoudront pas la crise climatique
- 11/18/15: REDD and carbon trading will not resolve the climate crisis
Ten years ago, the EU invested over 1.5 million Euros in the N’hambita carbon project in Mozambique, a model scheme to show how forests could be used to offset industrial emissions. This press release coincides with the release of a report – ‘Carbon Discredited' - explaining why forest carbon projects fail to provide climate, environment, development or financial gains. The organisations call on the EU and Member States to stop funding carbon offset projects, including REDD+ projects.
Download the Report here.